[EPIC] Activate TER release by git tagging
Requirements for extension owner
- The extension owner must have added a link to the public repository in the TER settings for the extension
- The extension owner must have added a web hook to the repository (GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, etc.)
- The extension must contain a valid composer.json
- The extension must require TYPO3 in the composer.json
- The composer.json must contain a title, a description and the extension key
No ext_emconf.php anymore?
What important information is included in ext_emconf.php currently?
authorssection in composer.json
version=> Git tag
category=> Needed? Can be provided by description or keywords. Often an extension touches many categories.
clearCacheOnLoad=> Should always be true, shouldn't it?
constraints=> can be handled by the
requiresection in composer.json
The check for a new release
- TER gets information about new release by the web hook
- TER fetches the information and creates records (for search and for populating data of e.g. documentation)
- TER updates extensions.xml file
Installation in TYPO3 has no ext_emconf.php
- When downloaded, the Extension Repository will add an ext_emconf.php generated by the information provided by composer.json